All illustrations, text and designs contained in this site are
© Copyright 1982-2012 Kannik's Korner, or its licensors.
All rights are reserved, and none may be used without prior written permission.
Books about Children's Clothing and Life
- Buck, Anne. Clothes and the Child, A Handbook of Children's Dress in
England 1500-1900. New York, Holmes & Meir, 1996. [ISBN
0-8419-1371-4]. This book is an updated, rewritten and enlarged edition of
Children's Costume in England from the fourteenth to the end of the
nineteenth Century by Phillis Cunnington & Anne Buck, 1965.
- Ewing, Elizabeth. History of Children's Costume. London:
Bibliophile, 1977, 1982.
- Rose, Clare. Children's Clothes. New York: Drama Book, 1989.
- Cunnington, Phillis & Catherine Lucas. Charity Costumes, of children,
scholars, almsfolk, pensioners. London: Adam & Charles Black, 1978.
[ISBN 0-7136-1736-5] Note this book was also published in the US by other
- Kevill-Davies. Yesterday's Children, the antiques and history of
childcare. Woodbridge, Suffolk, England: Antique Collector's Club, 1991.
- Brant, Sandra and Elissa Cullman. Small Folk, A Celebration of
Childhood in America. New York: E.P. Dutton in assoc. with Museum of
American Folk Art, 1980. [ISBN 0-525-93131-7]
- Steward, James Christen. The New Child, British Art and the Origins
of Modern Childhood, 1730-1830. Berkley: University Art Museum and
Pacific Film Archive/University of California, is assoc. with University of
Washington Press: 1995. [ISBN 0-295-97481-8]
- Earle, Alice Morse. Child Life in Colonial Days. Williamstown,
MA: Corner House Publishers, 1989 (third printing). First printed 1899,
reprinted 1975. [ISBN 0-87928-062-X]
- Glubok, Shirley. Home and Child Life in Colonial Days. Abridged
and edited from Home life in Colonial Days and Child Life in
Colonial Days, by Alice Morse Earle (as described above). New
York/London: Macmillan, 1969. [ISBN